Despite recent developments in the energy market such as biofuels and ethanol, petroleum is still by far the biggest player in the energy market. Due to rising oil demand, from countries such as India and China, crude oil industry jobs are on the rise. Now may be a good time for you to look for oil and gas jobs.
There are many different crude oil industry jobs available. These cover the various sectors of the petroleum industry such as entry-level jobs, drilling, management, administration, medical, marketing and the like. The oil industry is normally divided into three general sections: Upstream, midstream and downstream.
Upstream Section: Includes exploration, drilling and extraction of crude oil from reservoirs. Typical jobs in this section are geophysicist, drilling engineer and production engineer.
Midstream Section: Includes transportation of crude oil via tankers and pipelines from the oil fields to the refineries and the refining of crude oil. Typical jobs on pipelines can be oil pipeliner, pipeline walker and pipeline welder. Refinery jobs may include chemical engineer, process engineer and pump system operator.
Downstream Section: Includes the marketing and sales of petroleum products to the public.
You can probably find a job on land or on an oil rig. Offshore oil rigs are structures used to house the various drilling equipment and facilities for the rigworkers. These facilities include sleeping quarters, dining room and offices.
The recruitment process for crude oil industry jobs is normally more hands on than traditional job interviews. Applicants may be given tasks to solve under the supervision of a supervisor. This helps the supervisor to get a better picture of the knowledge, behavior and motivation of each applicant.
If you are new to the petroleum industry, you would do well to increase your knowledge about it. You can find information about the different sections and operations of the petroleum industry by doing research at a library or on the world wide web. This might also enlighten you about all the different crude oil industry jobs in the world.
Crude oil industry jobs are normally physical demanding and may require you to travel to remote parts of the world. There you will need to work for months at a time. However, it can also be an adventurous and rewarding career.
Copyright 2008 - Dan Theron. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article as long as you leave all of the links active, do not edit the article in any way, give author name credit and follow all of the EzineArticles terms of service for Publishers.
There are thousands of job vacancies in the oil industry! Do you know where to start? How to get a job on an offshore oil rig
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Daan_Theron
Labels: offshore pipeline construction
MESA Products, Inc. provides engineering, installation and materials for cathodic protection systems. For over two decades, we have been supplying cathodic protection services for a wide variety of applications in the oil and gas industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced Pipeline Integrity Engineer for our Tulsa office. Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Design, construction, operation, and sustainability (integrity) of pipeline systems, including pipelines, manifolds, and pumping and compressor stations
- Analyze, test, validate, and plan inspections and repairs to ensure the safety and reliability of the pipeline system
- Calculate MOP/MAOP and set points for pumps and compressors
- Determine required hydrostatic test pressures
- Evaluate defects and recommend appropriate repairs
Senior Project Managers
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. is currently undergoing tremendous growth and has exciting opportunities for experienced professionals with a background in Program / Project Management. Necessary for our growth is the need for dynamic individuals who are passionate about developing, implementing and administering Program/Project Management services for large projects/programs and corporate-level initiatives.
The Senior Project Manager will be working collaboratively with clients, architects, engineers, and contractors from the design phases through construction to provide program / project management services on large public and infrastructure projects/programs for our Northern and Southern California Regions.
- Pipeline Construction Jobs Engineering
- Oil Pipeline Roots in California
- Pipeline Construction Is Sometimes Challenging
- The Economic Impact Of Pipeline Construction Jobs
- Subsea Pipeline Construction Jobs Engineer
- Pipeline Construction Jobs Engineering
- Pipeline Construction Jobs Maintenance And Services Texas
- Offshore Drilling Jobs
- Jobs For 14 Year Olds
- The offshore oil industry is one of the most interesting and exciting places to work on the planet.
- Job search for Maintenance and Pipeline Construction jobs
- Crude Pipeline Construction Jobs - Your Crude Pipeline Construction Jobs Uncovered
- Pipeline Construction Jobs Work Permanent
- Pipeline Jobs - Certification For a Pipeline Construction Jobs
- Pipeline Construction Jobs - Searching For a Career in Offshore Pipeline Construction
- Pipeline Construction Jobs in Florida - Dept Offshore Pipeline Construction
- Sales Careers In The Pipeline Construction Jobs And Offshore Pipeline Construction
- Types Of cancer
- List Of cancer
- Military Vehicles Review
- Military Weapons For Sale